Monday 25 November 2013

Barcelona

Simon and I have a list of a million places we want to visit while we are in Europe.  Since money doesn't grow on trees and our time here is limited, we had to settle to see only some of Europe… and not all of it (unfortunately).  Barcelona was top on my list.  A lot of well-traveled people told me Barcelona was a must see city.  My oldest sister, Kira, served her mission in Southern Spain and has always raved about it.  Simon and I found some really cheap tickets so we decided to go at the beginning of November.  I love the architecture in Barcelona due to the heavy influence of Gaudi. Oh and for those of you that don’t know SANGRIA has alcohol in it.  Yeah whoops (more to come on this mistake).  Here is an inundation of pictures from our trip:  

La Sagrada Familia- Gaudi

View from Parc Guell- Gaudi

Simon practicing depth perception (Parc Guell)

The famous Iguana at Parc Guell

Montjuic- Olympic Park

The tourist at Parc Guell

Olympic Football Stadium

Montjuic

In honor of running- Montjuic

Just behind the football field- Montjuic

Simon 

Even the god statues get pooped on every now and again

Bubble street performer

Montjuic

Gelato in Spain... don't mind if I do

These street performers were crazy good

I loved these performers

Chicken Paella!

Chicken Paella

Simon and his grub

Spanish candies... The Pixtos recommended by Kira

The biggest vending machine I have ever seen

In the Gothic district

The Flamenco Show

First time seeing live Flamenco dancers

Couldn't get great pictures

The footwork is amazing

The band, singers, and dancers

I loved Barcelona.  I wish it had been warmer so we could go to the beach.  Next time!  Oh and about the Sangria... I didn't know Sangria had alcohol in it.  Brandy and Wine to be exact.  In Utah they sell Sangria and it is soda, so I thought it was the same.  Needless to say, Simon and I ordered and drank some (see paella picture above).  I have never had alcohol before so it tasted funny, but wasn't super strong.  Anyway, half way through my glass I started feeling really sick.  We ended up leaving because I felt so sick.  The fresh air helped and I eventually felt better.  I really have no idea why people drink.  I promise I am not usually this naive either!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for all the updates. I love our Skype chats! Take advantage of this awesome experience. And cheers lol.

    ReplyDelete