Monday 25 November 2013

Where I Am Now

I am a newbie to this whole blogging business.  I felt the need to document my time while I am living in England and felt this would be the best format to do so.  Since I am currently unemployed, I felt like it would be appropriate to start this blog and write about my adventures in England and Europe.  When most people find out I am not working and have no children they immediately seem to feel sorry for me.  The number one question I get asked is, “What do you do all day.”  The sarcastic response in my head says, “Why nothing; absolutely nothing.”  Of course I try to be more polite than that, but it is hard to explain what I do each day when every day is a little different.


My hope of this blog is to share the things I have done and will do while I am an England.  Those that know me really well know that I have struggled not being able to work.  I love working.  This sounds kind of corny, but it is one of the only things I feel I am actually good at.  While it has been challenging for me to be in England, jobless and far away from my friends and family, there are many things I have come to love about England/Europe and its culture.  I hope to share some of those things through the coming months.  I will also impart with you some of the things I do on a daily basis to give you a glimpse into my life.  Be prepared for book reviews, recipes, travel stories, food critiques, church calling stories, health and exercise goals/plans, Simon, and many more topics.

The beautiful English countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment