Wednesday 8 January 2014

Tender Mercies from 2013: Part 3

I know my other posts about 2013 have been kind of lengthy, but I wanted to highlight a few more brief tender mercies from 2013.
  • When Simon and I got married we moved into the same apartment complex as my oldest sister Kira, her husband Jeff, and our sweet and crazy nephew Jeffrey. It was a huge tender mercy to be so close to family and we were so glad that we lived a 30 second walk away from them.
  • My parents let us stay with them for a few weeks before heading to England. They let us keep some of our stuff at their house and are kind enough to watch and take care of our car while we are away. They also came to visit us in December for Christmas and it could not have been a better timed tender mercy.
  • Simon and I moved into a house in Chester that we had never seen before moving in. It was a risk, but one we had to take since we were so far away. Although it was extremely filthy when we moved in, after hours of cleaning up it has turned into a nice home for us while we are here. I know it was a tender mercy from the Lord that we were able to find a place within our budget and in a great location (location is everything since we don't have a car while we are here).
  • Our ward here has been another tender mercy. The people here are wonderful and have opened up their hearts and even their homes to us. I have been especially grateful for our calling teaching the 8 to 11 year old boys and teaching seminary to the youth. It has helped fill a lot of my time.
  • Simon and I have been able to travel a lot while we have been in England and I know it is a tender mercy to be able to do so. I do not know when we will be lucky enough to come back here, but I love England and I have fallen in love with Europe. We want to bring our kids back one day.
  • We have had 3 new additions to our extended family this year. My sister Katelyn was married in January to Dalton and we love him. Kate and Dalt let Simon and I live with them for a month last year and it was a huge tender mercy. We also had two new nieces, Phoebe Joy (Becky and Kyle) in February and Eve Kathleen (Kira and Jeff) in October. Both of these babies share birthdays with two very other special people (Kylie and my Dad).
  • 2013 also rang in two birth announcements. Katelyn and Dalton are pregnant with their first and due in May. Simon's Dad and his wife (who got married a month after us) are expecting a child in June. We couldn't be happier for all of them!
I am sure there a many many more tender mercies that I have failed to mention. I could probably write forever about them. I am so grateful for my family, Simon, and Simon's family. They have all been a huge support in our lives. We have goals and plans for 2014 and know that the tender mercies of the Lord will help sustain us through the good and the bad.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to recap the year! I want to ponder on my tender mercies now. I think Phoebe is going to have the best birth story.Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking back at all good things that happened during the year! Nice recap. Also, one week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Beck and Rach said! We miss you guys, can't wait to see you in March. Ps, Rach, I am so jealous you get to visit!

    ReplyDelete