Monday 17 February 2014

Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration

Last night we had the Elders and their investigator John over for dinner. After dinner we watched Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. It had been a long time since I had seen it and it helped me remember how grateful I am for Joseph Smith. He had so many trials in his life and seemed so positive through it all. I cannot even imagine the type of adversity he and his family faced (as well as other early members of the church). My favorite line in the movie is when he is with Emma and they have suffered so much hardship and sorrow and he says "maybe I am meant to swim in deep water." I think that literally swimming in deep water helps us build greater muscle. I think spiritually swimming in deep water can help us become stronger spiritually and help refine us. People outside of the LDS church sometimes think we worship Joseph Smith. We don't. We worship Jesus Christ. We respect and love Joseph Smith because of all of the sacrifices he made to help the church be restored. We respect his faith and admire his determination to do God's will. He is a great reminder to us of how we can live our lives more faithfully.

The spirit was really strong during the movie. I think that we all felt it and felt of God's love. When Elder Gourrat gave the closing prayer he was very emotional. I felt the same and was grateful for the spirit that was brought into our home. If you haven't seen the movie, or haven't watched it recently, I highly recommend you do. I have included the YouTube video and link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment