Friday 7 February 2014

Ward Conference and Missionary Discussions

Ward Conference
Two Sundays ago we had our ward conference. I always love ward conference because we have a chance to hear from members of the stake presidency. When our stake president spoke, President Ireland, he gave the ward some goals for this coming year. Here are the goals:
  1. Study the Book of Mormon, read it by the next ward conference in October 2014
  2. Share the gospel with one friend and bring them into the church
  3. Reach out to a less active member of the church and bring them back
  4. Find someone from the past (family history) and do their temple work
Simon and I have been sporadic about reading the Book of Mormon so we have set a new goal to be more consistent in reading it together. Our goal is to finish it together by October. I am pretty sure we can do it if we are consistent. Overall, it was a great conference and it helped me want to be better.

Missionary Discussion
Yesterday the Elders texted us to see if we could have a lesson with a new investigator in our home tonight. They came over around 7 with a guy named John. He is 23 years old and is originally from Yorkshire. He said he had met with the missionaries about 6 months ago, but then moved to Portugal with his mom for a few months. He just got back in December and went to Mormon.org and put in a referral for himself. It then got sent to the mission office and then to the Elders. He is pretty awesome. He has already read part of the Book of Mormon. The Elders taught the first lesson and did a really good job. They committed John to be baptized on March 8th (of course once he knows what they are teaching is true). It was a really good lesson. He is one of those people missionaries dream of finding. They are coming back next Wednesday to teach the second lesson. I have seminary so sadly I will miss it, but Simon will be here. Anyway, I love being at missionary discussions. It makes me miss being a missionary.

1 comment:

  1. I need to set some goals for myself. Some many things to work on. It never ends. Also, sorry for getting you sick. I blame England.

    ReplyDelete