Tuesday 24 December 2013

Cadbury World and Manchester Christmas Markets

Day 1:  Simon and I wanted to keep my parents busy the first day they got here so that they would be able to adjust more quickly to the time difference and jet lag.  We decided to start by driving down to Birmingham to go to Cadbury World.  The main reason we wanted to go is because my mom LOVES chocolate.  I think she loves chocolate more than anyone I know.  The best part of the whole thing was her trying to get out of the car!  She got stuck because the car was so small.  Haha.  I was laughing so hard in the back seat I couldn't breathe.  Simon was cracking up too.  Don't worry we documented the whole thing.

Mom stuck

Simon trying to help her out

Still stuck

Hahahahahahaha

We finally taught her how to get out of the car.  It took a little longer because Simon and I were laughing so hard.  We finally made it to Cadbury World!

Mom and Dad in front of Cadbury World

The Cadbury Cafe

The World's Biggest Cadbury Store

Here are some more pictures of the tour.  The best part was all of the free chocolate we got.  We had a grocery bag full by the time we left.

The Cadbury's were quakers and very religious and good to their people

Mom

Cadbury in the early years

Rules of health

Love this!

My mom making a wish on the chocolate tree

The cocoa bean trading scale

My dad was so tired he kept falling asleep places

Simon and I

Caramel Freddos are soooo good!

Liquid chocolate samples with your choice of treat mixed in

The liquid chocolate

Cadbury chocolate timeline

My mom wanted me to take a picture of the stamp on her hand

After Cadbury World we drove back to Manchester to visit the Christmas markets.  We walked around for a little bit and then headed home to Chester.  Here are a few picts on the way to Manchester and then while we were there.

Mom was tired

Dad was tired

At the Manchester Christmas market

Manchester

We were all tired by the time we got home.  We made tacos for dinner and just relaxed until we were ready for bed.  It is so nice having my parents here!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment