Tuesday 24 December 2013

Joseph and Mary

Simon and I were tricked into being Joseph and Mary in our ward's Christmas nativity.  Our bishop and his wife were originally asked, but he messaged me on Facebook and said he would love us even more if we would do it instead.  He said something about how we were leaving anyway so the embarrassment from it wouldn't be for long.  Of course I said yes because I can't say no to my bishop. So I was thinking we would just have to sit there while someone read from Luke 2, but it turns out it was a play!  We had a script that involved memorizing lines.  I would not have agreed had I known acting was involved.

We were never able to practice together as a group, so you can imagine how it turned out.  It was decent until then end when the choir had more songs then we had lines and the person directing the play wanted the songs to match up so she was trying to cue us to repeat our lines.  It was pretty bad, but we just laughed about it.  Not much we could do at that point.

The whole chapel was decorated as if it were Bethlehem.  It was pretty amazing looking.  They also had "market stalls" out in the hallway with food from those times (well I guess what they assumed). There was humus and pita, dates, cashews, cucumbers, baklava, bread, etc.

Here is a picture of Simon and I from that night (I feel like I look more like a Lamanite than Mary):

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment