Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning was the last day we would have our rental car so we decided to go to Delamere Forest and Simon and I went for a run while my parents went for a walk.  It was pretty muddy because it had rained the night before.

Mom and Dad in the forest

Aren't they cute?

My stud muffin just before our run

Simon and I after our run

After we went to the forest we went home, showered, and ate lunch.  Simon had to work from 3pm to 7pm so we went into town and did a little last minute shopping.  When Simon got home we had tortellini with corn and garlic bread.  It was delicious.  We also had some Shloer with dinner.  It is like a sparkling cider.

Our table decoration we bought in Germany, a Christmas pyramid

Sitting down to eat

Mom, dad, and I

The scrumptious food

One of our traditions is to get each other ornaments each year and open them on Christmas Eve.  Here are our ornaments:

Dad got an English post box

Mom got the "Special Mum" award

Simon got a knight in shining armor that I bought in Wales (cheesy I know)

Simon got me two baubles that I made into earrings that had London on one and Paris on the other

Katelyn and Dalton had us for Christmas this year and also sent ornaments for us... I am holding Simon's, a cupcake that they said was the closest thing they could find to a crumpet, and he is holding mine, a US Passport 

After dinner and opening the ornaments we decided to watch an English movie called "Nativity." It was surprisingly good and quite funny.


After the movie we went to bed and waited for Christmas morning.  Although Christmas is not the same without little children around and we missed being with our whole families, but I am so grateful my parents could be here with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment