Wednesday 25 December 2013

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from the Kofford's and Ma and Pa Morty!  We had a very relaxing and peaceful day spending time with each other.  This morning we opened presents and then Simon spent a good part of the day preparing a delicious English feast for us.  Here are some pictures from our day:

Mom sleeping

Presents under the tree

Simon got me an English Christmas movie called Arthur Christmas- this is a snapshot of the beginning... my mom and I really enjoyed it

The cover

Simon cooking away

A little blurry, but our Christmas crackers

The feast- roasted chicken, carrots, swede, yorkshire pudding, mash, stuffing, and gravy... it was so good!!!

Mom trying a pigs n blanket... sausage wrapped in bacon

Me with my Sholer and crown from the cracker

My crazy dad eating some ice cream

Later in the day my side of the family skyped us and we were able to watch them open presents. Everyone was there except those of us in England.  I am so grateful for technology!  Here are some pictures from skype:

Jeff, Kira, Jeffrey, Kylie, and a piece of Phoebe

Joe showing us a sweater Becky and Kyle got for his dog Chalupa

Rach saying hi

Kira, Jeff, and Jeffrey

Becky and her girls (Maddie, Phoebe, and Kylie)

Dalty and Katelyn (they are pregnant by the way and expecting a girl in May!!!!)

Simon dying because skyping my family is crazy business

It was so wonderful to chat with family.  I know being with family always helps me feel the true spirit of Christmas better in my life.  I love my family and I am grateful that I get to be with them forever because of the birth and sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I am especially grateful for Simon and all that he does for me and our little family.  I don't believe in soul mates, but I couldn't have married a better man.  He may not be perfect, but he has been the best for me.

Hopefully we will be able to catch up with Simon's family today as well.  We can't wait to talk with them too!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE TODAY (AND EVERYDAY)!

1 comment:

  1. We missed you guys! But it was good to Skype with you while we opened presents. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and I cannot wait for when I come in January!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete