Sunday 1 December 2013

Smiling's My Favorite


It’s Christmas time!  December is literally the best month of the year.  This December is especially great for a few reasons.  Simon and I are going to Bremen, German for a few days.  It was his last area on his mission and I can’t wait to see where he served.  We will also get to see the Christmas markets there.  My parents are coming!!!!!!!!!!  I have been counting down for the last two months.  They arrive on the 22nd and will stay until Jan. 1st.  We get to focus on the Savior, family, friends, giving and all those wonderful things we should try to do the whole year!  I could go on, but will stop there.  At the end of November the city of Chester has a an evening where they turn on all the Christmas lights in the city center, have a parade, and the Christmas market stalls open.  Simon and I went and it was so crowded, but it was a fun evening.

Simon in the city center

One of the Christmas stalls

Simon and I

All the people and lights

Simon and I went out and bought all of our Christmas decorations this past Friday.  One of the members in our ward was nice enough to let us borrow an extra fake tree she had.  Here are some pictures:

Simon setting up the tree

The tree and stockings

The mantel

The tree

Also, Christmas is not complete without an advent calendar to count down the days.  These chocolate ones are everywhere.  They have tons of different kinds.  We opted for Cadbury!

Yum

Also, our tradition every year is to watch Elf after we set up all the Christmas decorations.  Elf is my favorite Christmas movie of all time.

Best. Movie. Ever.

This is on my bucket list







No comments:

Post a Comment